International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – 25 November
Why This International Day?
- Globally, 35 percent of women experience sexual or physical violence (World Health Organization and UN Women)
- Each year, 3 million girls face the risk of female genital mutilation or cutting ( UNFPA)
- Sixty percent of women whose first sexual experience was forced, go on to experience further sexual violence later in life (UNFPA)
4 things you can do:
- Stay Informed – stay up-to-date on all the issues impacting women worldwide
- Pray – pray in parishes and community for the conversion of hearts for abusers, those indifferent, and those who are addicted to pornography
- Take Action – speak to your lawmakers so they hear that people like you care about women and girls living in violence
- Go Social – spread the word about the situation through social media, your families and friends, your schools
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 24th, 2015 at 9:05 pm and is filed under Justice Issues. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.