- Asylum Seekers … out of sight, out of mind
- Celebrate Nano Nagle’s Day – 26 April
- Autumn 2013 Edition of “Justice Jottings”
- PNG Sister visits the Nagle Centre in Sydney
- I was a stranger and you welcomed me (Matt 25:35)
- Earth Hour 2013 – 23 March 8.30pm
- Lismore Presentation Sisters Down South
- Prestigious Invitation given to Presentation Sister
- From Heartache to Joy … Presentation Sisters involvement with refugees and asylum seekers
- Australian Catholic Religious Against Trafficking in Humans
Presentation Sisters Video
“Alert for God’s Now!”
“Alert for God’s Now” and a growing consciousness of the interconnection with the entire Earth community were important themes of the recent Presentation Society Congress. Representatives from the six Australian congregations and from Papua New Guinea gathered in St Joseph’s Baulkham Hills NSW 25-29 April 2011. Two Sisters from New Zealand, from the Union of Presentation Sisters, were also present.
Members at Congress stressed the importance of fostering closer relations with the International Presentation Association (IPA). It is through IPA that Society has non-government status at the United Nations. God’s mission is expressed in a variety of ministries with particular emphasis on justice and advocacy for systemic change.
During this Congress the Sisters saw themselves as drawn ever more deeply into a contemplative way of being which sustains and energises them for mission.
Degradation of the Earth and humanity’s integral relationship with all of creation urge the Sisters to live simply and sustainably.
Sr Bernadette Keating completed her term of office as Society Leader and Sr Maureen Watson was elected to lead Society for the next five years.
The new Society website was also launched.